Frequently-Asked, Friendship-Actualizing, Fucking-Annoying QUESTIONS!
answered by yours truly, Courtney McClean
- What *exactly* do you do, Courtney? Are you a stand-up comedian? I stand on a stage behind a mic, usually with a banjo (sometimes without), and sing songs, tell jokes, and stories with the intention of making the audience laugh, enjoy themselves, and maybe even leave a little horny. I call myself a comedian. Or a comedy musician. Or a comedic storyteller.
- Is it “McClean” or “McLean”? My family name is McLean. I use McClean as my “ironic nom de naughtbilly” (a juxtaposed opposite to The Dirty Curls) and now as my stage name. I prefer McClean in print. Thaaaaaaanks.
- What is “naughtybilly?” A term coined by an ex-Dirty Curl, it’s the genre of music I play. Like, naughty hillbilly music. Or, comedy erotica bluegrass.
- Do you do family-friendly shows? What’s your definition of family-friendly? Usually kids under the age of 4 don’t know what the heck I’m saying. Kids 5 – 12 will ask questions. 13 – 17 will fucking love my stuff, but they’ll hide it from you. But, alas, no. I don’t do kids parties, and most of my material is not network-TV appropriate. HBO or go home, ya know? I do have a few songs that are passable. Contact me and we’ll talk!
- So, you have *no* clean material? Doesn’t that limit you? My comedy ranges from PG-13 to X, but there’s more dirty than there is clean. I’m okay with never being on “America’s Got Talent” or playing the Annual 3M Staff Appreciation Conference, but there’s no reason we can’t play “Safe Words” on Jimmy Fallon. Midwest Record said my music was “a fun diversion for anyone that likes it lightly raw and out of the ordinary.”
- You sing a lot about blow jobs… can I get one? It’s highly unlikely, but anything is possible.